About the Program
The Job Shadowing program will be open in September, October and November 2023.
Job shadowing experiences are available to high school and college students and adults who have an interest in the health-care industry and would like to observe a professional in a health-care setting. Participants must be at least 16 years of age, and may participate in up to two job shadow experiences for a total of two to four hours each. All shadowing experiences must be coordinated by Volunteer Services.
Areas Available for Shadowing:
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Cardiac Rehab
- Child Life *(high school students excluded from Child Life, others must provide child abuse clearance)
- Lab Testing
- Pharmacy Tech
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nursing (downtown hospital)
* restrictions may apply
- If the Volunteer Services Department must cancel or postpone a shadowing appointment, our goal is to provide approximately 24 hours’ notice.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend the program, please contact Volunteer Services at 717-544-5005 as soon as possible. Anyone failing to cancel will not be rescheduled.
- You will be asked to sign confidentiality statements, and provide proof of Covid and flu vaccination to protect our patients.
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes (dress code will be provided).
- If you appear to have a contagious illness, you will be asked to contact Volunteer Services to reschedule.
- If you are unable to travel due to the weather, please contact Volunteer Services at 717-544-5005.
- If a student’s school district has canceled school due to snow and/or ice, the shadowing experience will also be canceled for that day.
- If a student’s school day start time is delayed, Volunteer Services will assume the shadowing experience will take place that day.
To apply to Job Shadowing program, please click here.