About the Program
As we closely monitor the Coronavirus, to ensure the health and safety of our interested job shadowers, our patients, their families, and our staff we have suspended the Job Shadowing program until further notice. Please check back to this website for any updates on the program.
Job shadowing experiences are available to high school and college students and adults who have an interest in the health-care industry and would like to observe a professional in a health-care setting. Participants must be at least 16 years of age, andmay participate in up to two job shadow experiences for a total of two to four hours each. All shadowing experiences must be coordinated by Human Resources.
Areas Available for Shadowing:
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Lab Testing
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Pathology
* restrictions may apply
- If the Human Resources Department must cancel or postpone a shadowing appointment, our goal is to provide approximately 24 hours’ notice.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend the program, please contact Human Resources at 717-544-4915 as soon as possible. Anyone failing to cancel will not be rescheduled.
- You will be asked to sign confidentiality statements to protect our patients.
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes (dress code will be provided).
- If you appear to have a contagious illness, you will be asked to contact Human Resources to reschedule.
- If you are unable to travel due to the weather, please contact Human Resources.
- If a student’s school district has canceled school due to snow and/or ice, the shadowing experience will also be canceled for that day.
- If a student’s school day start time is delayed, Human Resources will assume the shadowing experience will take place that day.