In alignment with Penn Medicine's recent Covid 19 communication and guidance to protect the safety of our community, patients, and employees, effective immediately LG Health is suspending all student intern experiences. There will be no in-person clinical experiences on LG Health premises until further notice, this includes requests and processing of interns at this time.
This change will remain in place until further notice, but will be assessed regularly.
LG Health supports the development of future health-care professionals who are completing coursework at colleges, universities, and vocational schools. Schools who have affiliation agreements with LG Health may seek intern opportunities for their students. Internships are typically unpaid, and do not replace the work of LG Health employees. Occasionally, paid internships may be available on LG Health Careers. All internship opportunities are processed through Human Resources, and interns are responsible for obtaining and submitting proof of immunization, required documentation, and clearances.
- School representatives work directly with LG Health departments on selection and placement of interns.
- An affiliation agreement must be in place with the school, and interns must be current students.
- Prior to start date, interns must provide required documentation and clearances valid within one year. Please note, government agencies which process clearances may take up to 6 weeks.
- Interns will be asked to sign confidentiality statements to protect our patients.
- LG Health may cancel, terminate, or limit the number of internships.
- There is no guarantee of employment following an internship.
School officials interested in establishing an affiliation agreement with LG Health should contact the appropriate departments.