Practice Nurse - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Days
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) opportunities for full-time and part-time in our outpatient healthcare locations: Kissel Hill, Lititz, New Holland, Elizabethtown, and Lancaster, PA.
Lancaster General Health, part of Penn Medicine, was recognized by US News & World Reports as one of the Best Hospitals in Pennsylvania for 2022-2023. As a growing healthcare provider, LGH is a remarkable place to utilize your nursing background to provide needed medical care in the local community. Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to: Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
As a Practice Nurse (LPN) in our outpatient healthcare locations, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of medical providers. As a smaller facility outside of the main hospital, nurses are able to expand their expertise through the diverse medical treatment of a variety of patients.
Day shift, with a few locations, requiring rotating evenings, and/or weekends. No Over Nights or On-Call.
- Up To $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
- 100% Tuition at Penn College of Health Sciences
- Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and more
ESSENTIAL LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) FUNCTIONS:
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides patient-specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications, and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine, and strep tests.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of an LPN or an RN educational program
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- AHA CPR/BLS certification is required within 30 days of hire
About Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is a not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care. Our membership with Penn Medicine helps bring together a world-renowned academic medical center, with Lancaster General Health’s community health care system.
Benefits At a Glance
The staff at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is the reason we have been consistently ranked among the top hospitals in Pennsylvania. We recognize our talented healthcare employees through a total rewards package, which includes:
- Effective and efficient pay administration program
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Income Account
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Discounted Childcare
- Employee Assistance Fund
- & more!
Do you want to connect with your patients and their families, while making a positive impact? If so, we welcome you to apply today for a career at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health!
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbents must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/18/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.