Advanced Practice Provider for Penn Heart & Vascular Intensive Care Unit – Lancaster General Health
SUMMARY: The Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Penn Medicine, Lancaster General Health, seeks a qualified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our developing Heart and Vascular Intensive Care Team. This service will be under the leadership of our HVICU medical director, but will also work in parallel with the cardiovascular surgical team. Penn Medicine/LGH cardiac surgery is comprised of 4 board certified thoracic surgeons and 8 full time APP’s. This surgical team performs 600 annual open heart procedures, in addition to 150-200 trans-catheter aortic and mitral valve interventions and 60 ECMO implantations. The breadth of surgical procedures offered includes coronary revascularization, minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve repair/replacement, ascending aortic and arch procedures, complex aortic root repair, LVAD/RVAD implantation, complex re-operative surgery and TEVAR.
This ICU clinical team will provide 24/7 medical coverage of heart and vascular intensive care patients. On average, this entails daily critical care coverage of 8-12 ICU patients. This is a non-operative position with a complete emphasis on critical care and the expectation of performing bedside procedures. Operative experience/skill is not required. The selected candidate will operate under the direct supervision of the HVICU Medical Director and with the on-call surgeons (24/7), but will be expected to develop autonomy in the direct medical management of patients during both pre-and post-operative phases of care. A thorough on-boarding and educational program will be implemented to allow the practitioner to develop in a comfortable yet stimulating environment. The ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment is essential.
HOURS: Fulltime hours with expectation of weekend and holiday coverage required on rotational basis within the members of HVICU APP team.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- Effective August 1st, 2023, the certification of the nurse practitioner must align with the population the nurse practitioner will primarily be caring for unless otherwise determined by the Chief Nursing Officer and in accordance with hospital practice needs.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine.
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program.
- Minimum one year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/30/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.