At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE; 2nd/3rd shift; every other weekend; 2/3 holidays a year; on-call rotation
Job Title: XRay Technologist : Radiology(40hr/week /Eve/Night)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
$5,000 sign on minus taxes with a 2 year committment
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working hours at Lancaster General Hospital, must be willing to work other sites. Hours between 2:00 pm and 7:00 am either second or third shift with every other weekend , two/three holidays per year and on call rotation. Must bewilling to do mobile imaging.
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital, must be willing to cover other sites. Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique selection, application of immobilization and radiation protection devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures through patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media and application of immobilization and radiation protection devices as established by LG protocols, policies and procedures.
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians. Consults with Radiologists as necessary.
- Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Operates and enters information through the hospital computer system. Documents required information and patient history in the electronic medical record. Documents other information as required.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs POC testing, Universal Protocol and other paperwork as applicable.
- Accurately and appropriately utilizes all computer related equipment, such as the electronic health record, email and the intranet.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Radiological Technology School.
- Certification in Radiological Technology within one year of graduation, issued by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- CPR certification is required.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience beyond training.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional Certification.
This job requires a Motor Vehicle background Check
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/20/2021