Wound Ostomy Continence RN - Penn Med Home Health (1st shift, Monday - Friday, 40hrs/week)
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Clinical Superv/Support - Lancaster
At Penn Medicine Home Health Lancaster General Health, your passion can touch and improve the lives of people in your community every day. We value our employees as our most important asset and we have been servicing adults and seniors with home health care services in the Lancaster area for dozens of years! If you enjoy helping others and making a difference in people's lives, working for Penn Medicine Home Health could be a perfect fit.
Why Should You Join Our Team? We have an EXCELLENT benefit package and clinicians who care deeply about their patients and peers!
- Competitive Salaries
- 403b Match + additional employer contribution
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending or Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Mileage Reimbursement
Penn Medicine Home Health is currently seeking a Wound Ostomy Continence RN. The Wound Ostomy Continence RN provides comprehensive, family-oriented care to patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure sores, and incontinence in their place of residence. Works with physicians to develop or change care plan in patient’s best interest.
Responsibilities for Wound Ostomy Continence RN:
- Maintains current knowledge of enterstomal/ wound care nursing and home health through participation in seminars, in-services, and independent professional development.
- Participates in staff meetings, agency sponsored in-services and team meetings.
- Provides in services/ updates to staff pertinent to wound care.
- Assists Clinical Supervisor with wound care competency evaluations.
- Provides in-home supervision of the Home Health Aide Coordinates cost effective use of wound care supplies, and collaborates with Clinical Supervisor to research and trial new wound care products.
- In collaboration with patient, caregivers, and other members of the health care team: Conducts an initial and ongoing patient assessment including OASIS data as required.Demonstrates proficiency in assessing patient’s physical, psychosocial, emotional and environmental status for appropriateness for home care. May complete admission documentation which includes previous medical history, current physical and psychosocial status, treatments and interventions needed, family and support system. Performs ongoing assessment of patient’s physical, psychosocial, emotional and environmental status, family and support system. Demonstrates basic keyboarding skills and ability to use agency computer documentation system.
- May establish, provide recommendations and make modifications to a written plan of care in conjunction with other members of the health care team (Physicians, therapists, nurses, social workers, and home health aides) based on medical and nursing diagnosis, identified patient care needs, and standards of care. Identifies expected outcomes and establishes realistic goals for patient and caregivers based on assessments. Determines nursing interventions and teaching required to achieve each expected outcome and goal. Coordinates care and service provided to patient by other members of the health care team including agency employees, other agencies and vendors.
- Implements the Plan of Care and Patient Care Plan.Performs skilled nursing procedures as ordered by patient’s physician in accordance with Visiting Nurse Association Home Care policies and procedures and RN Practice Act. Provides education to patient and caregivers regarding medical condition, medications and nutritional requirements. Demonstrates proficiency in performance of skills necessary to care for patients (Wound Care, Ostomy Care, Venipuncture and other skills as necessary).
- Evaluates the outcomes of nursing care. Evaluates and documents patient and/or caregiver response to care interventions, and/ or teaching. Evaluates patient progress toward outcomes of care.Modifies plan of care based on ongoing assessments.
- Communicates relevant patient information to the healthcare team as appropriate. Maintains appropriate case conferences with supervisor as needed.
- Complies with Safety Management and Infection Control procedures. Complies with policies and procedures related to Infection Control, including but not limited to:Hand washing, Body Substance Precautions, Disposal of Medically Related Materials, Post-Exposure Testing and Prophylaxis Cleaning, Disinfecting and Redistributing of Medical Equipment and Supplies.
- Demonstrates skills related to safe use of equipment. Demonstrates skills to prevent personal injury. Uses Good Body Mechanics and Safe Driving Practices.
- Exercises good health and personal hygiene practices.
- Develops educational tools and educaes nursing personnel and other health care providers regarding wound and ostomy care.
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing.
- Current Bachelors Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Current board certification in Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing (WOCN).
- CPR certification.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid operator’s license and car insurance.
Posted on 11/29/2019
- Home Health experience preferred