Wound Care Specialist/Surgeon
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61430 Wound Care Center
Administration- Physician Leadership Surgical
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Wound Care / Hyperbaric medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
* Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
* Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
* Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
* Provide consultation and comprehensive management of patient.
* Perform necessary surgical procedures in the treatment of the disorder.
* Monitor patient’s condition and progress and reevaluate as necessary.
* Examine patients while ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition to determine diagnosis.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
* Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
* Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
* Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
* Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
* Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
* Board Certified physician in General, Vascular, or Plastic Surgery.
* Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
* A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 06/10/2020
Board Certified physician in Wound Care / Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.