Workers Compensation Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. No holidays or weekends.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the coordination of care for all Penn Medicine- Lancaster General Health employees that become injured while on the job, requiring services beyond first-aid, in accordance to the mission and vision of the organization. Ensures that all workers’ compensation injuries, reports, statements, and communication with the third party administrator are reported in a timely manner and in accordance with the federal requirements as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry laws. Responsible to notify manager of opportunities to improve and implement best practices to ensure highest quality claims outcomes. The Worker’s Compensation Coordinator will demonstrate abilities to relate well to others, manage sensitive data, communicate effectively in spoken and written forms, and understand human behavior in a work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Timely communication with clients, claimants and other appropriate parties throughout the claim adjustment process – maintain contact with injured employee who is away from the workplace as directed, and provide supervisors with information and assistance regarding injured worker’s status - limited to medical only claims unless directed by Worker’s compensation Program Manager.
- Process initial injury report and supporting documentation of investigation regarding injured employee to third party administrator adjusters, for both medical only and indemnity claims – review reports filed by employees for completion and timely submission related to the incident.
- Track and provide claim information, expenses to manager for reporting to WCAIS (Worker’s Compensation Automated Information System) as required. Assist in processing invoices and applications for supplemental excess insurance, third party administration fees and ongoing claimant bill issues.
- Provide information to injured workers of available treatment providers, consistent with designated panel when appropriate within the first 90 days of injury occurring
- Review and track injured employee’s compliance with prescribed medical and physical therapy regimens, collaborating with third party administration claims adjusters as directed – limited to medical only claims unless directed by manager.
- Provide timely reporting to LGH Safety team of identified trends within the work environment to minimize work-related illness and injury.
- Collaborate with injured employee’s direct supervisor, and Human Resources to provide jobs that meet the injured employee’s designated temporary work restrictions, while in accordance with maintaining gainful employment within the health system – will escalate cases to Worker’s Compensation Program Manager to reduce potential for lost time or indemnity claims.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participate in developing and implementing standard work for reporting and processing of injury reports and required PA state documents
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Knowledge of managing data for reporting of financial, operational and compliance documents.
- Project management experience/skills including effective oral and written communication skills, performance management and employee engagement.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/22/2021