Worker's Compensation Program Manager
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
9060 Quality Improvement
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: 1.0 FTE; Day Shift 0800-1630. No holiday or weekends required. Potentially able to work remotely after orientation and sign off by direct supervisor. May have some requirements to occasionally come to home office for face to face interactions with stakeholders.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating care for all Penn Medicine- Lancaster General Health employees that become injured while on the job, requiring services beyond first-aid, in accordance to the mission and vision of the organization. Ensures that all workers’ compensation injuries, reports, statements, and communication with the third party administrator are handled properly and in accordance with the federal requirements as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry laws. Responsible to identify and implement best practices to ensure highest quality claims outcomes, while analyzing financial impacts of injury circumstances. Professional worker’s compensation specialists demonstrate abilities to relate well to others, manage sensitive data, communicate effectively in spoken and written forms, and understand human behavior in a work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Effective and timely coordination of communication with clients, claimants and other appropriate parties throughout the claim adjustment process – maintain personal contact with injured employee who is away from the workplace, and provide supervisors with information and assistance regarding injured worker’s status.
- Provide initial injury report and supporting documentation of investigation regarding injured employee to third party administrator adjusters, for both medical only and indemnity claims – review reports filed by employees for completion and timely submission related to the incident.
- Ensure processing of all injury forms, wage statements and supplemental medical evaluation forms as required.
- Track claim information and expenses and report to WCAIS (Worker’s Compensation Automated Information System) as required.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of all claims as requested by external regulatory bodies and internal departments in collaboration with Penn Medicine corporate worker’s compensation team , while maintaining pristine documentation.
- Inform injured workers of all treatment options, consistent with designated panel when appropriate within the first 90 days of injury occurring.
- Coordinate claims case management with physicians and other health care professionals, identifying cases in need of additional medical management beyond initial injuries.
- Evaluate injured employee’s compliance with prescribe medical and physical therapy regimens, collaborating with third party administration claims adjusters.
- Conduct and evaluate legal strategy conference calls at regular intervals for all cases under litigation or it’s potential, with attorneys and third party adjusters.
- Knowledgeable in an array of injury-specific medical options for individual claims cases.
- Develop, implement, monitor and be accountable for the budget for the defined area(s) of responsibility in collaboration with direct supervisor.
- Assess and monitor subrogation claims for resolution in collaboration with the third party adjuster.
- Effective and timely coordination of communication with clients, claimants and other appropriate parties throughout the claim adjustment process.
- Advocate for a work environment that minimizes work-related illness and injury – collaborating with the Safety team to ensure identification of trends in employee injuries through timely reporting of injuries
- Collaborate with injured employee’s direct supervisor and Human Resources to provide jobs that meet the injured employee’s designated work restrictions, while in accordance with maintaining gainful employment within the health system.
- Provide review of worker’s compensation policies in collaboration with operational leaders.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Collaborate with safety and educational personnel to plan and implement brief orientation for managers regarding worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
- Participate in developing departmental policy regarding standard work for reporting and processing of injury reports and required PA state documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other associated fields.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation laws and procedures, including ability to track claim information and expenses.
- Two to five (2-5) years’ experience successfully adjusting claims, or other relevant safety experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytic and negotiation skills.
- Must obtain Worker’s Compensation Claims Professional or Administration certification within two years of employment in position.
- Experience processing worker’s compensation claims within a self-insured organization.
- Experience processing worker’s compensation claims with a healthcare system.
- Worker’s Compensation Claims Professional or Administration certification.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/14/2021