Telecommunications - Wiring
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time
The Technician will work alone or with a small team to install cables (Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, RJ45), wireless access points, and other Low Voltage equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Physically install Cat5 and Cat6 Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Install outlets; pull cables; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate feeders in intermediate distribution frame IDF closets. Follow industry codes, regulations, standards.
- Follow all Infection Control Risk Assessment and (ICRA) HIPAA compliance at all times
- Communicates , verbally and in writing with peers, staff and customers to expedite workflow, scheduling, resolve problems and enhance productivity.
- Perform site surveys and conduct visual site inspections.
- Review prints, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and diagnostics.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies ( including electrical, HVAC, water, stream plumbing and Telecommunications.
- Understands working with wiring backbone, both fiber and copper driven systems, punch down blocks 66/110, Cat5/6, RJ45, and crimping tools.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multi mode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders up to 30 feet in length.
- Install grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Install wireless access points.
- Support and install cabling for A/V (audio Video) Audio Visual) components and associated equipment.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license.
- MUST be willing to travel locally.
- Knowledge of wireless access points.
- Able to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Able to be scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures.
Posted on 01/07/2020