At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Telecommunications - Wiring
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) M-F 7am-3:30pm. Occasional hours outside normal hours to include nights and weekends depending on projects.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technician will work alone or with a small team to install cables (Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, RJ45), wireless access points, and other Low Voltage equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Physically install Cat5 and Cat6 Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Install outlets; pull cables; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate feeders in intermediate distribution frame IDF closets. Follow industry codes, regulations, standards.
- Follow all Infection Control Risk Assessment and (ICRA) HIPAA compliance at all times
- Communicates , verbally and in writing with peers, staff and customers to expedite workflow, scheduling, resolve problems and enhance productivity.
- Perform site surveys and conduct visual site inspections.
- Review prints, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and diagnostics.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies ( including electrical, HVAC, water, stream plumbing and Telecommunications.
- Understands working with wiring backbone, both fiber and copper driven systems, punch down blocks 66/110, Cat5/6, RJ45, and crimping tools.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multi mode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders up to 30 feet in length.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Install grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Install wireless access points.
- Support and install cabling for A/V (audio Video) Audio Visual) components and associated equipment.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license.
- MUST be willing to travel locally.
- Knowledge of wireless access points.
- Able to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Able to be scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures.
- Wiring certification is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 04/07/2021