Lancaster General Hospital
2550 Laundry and Linen Service
Laundry and Linen Service
Collects and sorts soiled linens and assists in washroom and dryer areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collects and sorts soiled linen.
- Assists in loading and unloading of the washers.
- Operates the dryers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in cleaning
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
- Task completion requires minimal concentration or selective attention. The individual may perform their job-related tasks in a rote or automatic manner without much need to selectively attend or evaluate situational variables or their performance.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
- Task demands are routine and predictable. Tasks to be completed are few in numbers. There is little requirement for new learning, processing or carry-over of new information. Once the tasks are learned, there is little change in routine.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
- The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is absent or minimal. The individual must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Most aspects of the position, and the actions taken to resolve them, are repetitive in nature, and should ultimately become rote or automatic. There is little variability in task demands, or task demands are accomplished under continuous direction from another.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Washer, dryer, telephone, vacuum cleaner, broom, dustpan, mop
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Frequently
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Continusouly
- Twist: Frequently
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Contaminated Needle Sticks
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 07/20/2020