Vice President of Research Administration
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3068 Lancaster General Research Institute
Physician Group & Operations Leadership
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The VP, Research Administration is a highly
visible leadership role. The incumbent will be responsible for leading
and managing the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
(PMLGH) Research Program. The role, in collaboration with research
leadership and the research council, develops and sets strategic and
administrative goals for the PMLGH research program. He/she will
establish and maintain administrative policies and develops the
insiution’s research standards and procedures, including those
related to research operations, education and training, IT systems,
financial administration, human subjects protections, research
compliance, and research support services. This highly collaborative
role establishes and optimizes, relationships with the University of
Pennsylvania and other research partners and relationships with
research entities within PMLGH. The incumbent will chair the LGH
Research Council. The VP, Research Administration is also
responsible for facilitating the development of new research
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the
- Develops, sets, and executes the research program priorities and strategic vision
- Serves as the external and internal “face” of the PMLGH Research Program
- Helps to identify new research opportunities that are aligned with the research strategic plan and the overall Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health mission
- Spearhead opportunities to join the Penn Medicine Clinical Research Network
- Responsible for the promotion and operational advancement of the research program and fostering an environment of quality, compliance, and efficiency
- Oversees, directs, and ensures high performance and compliance for the Research Program. Fosters an environment of trust, compliance, open communication and professionalism throughout the PMLGH research
- Oversees Human research Protection Program and maintain LGH’s federal wide assurance
- Leads the Research Integrity Program: establishes and maintain responsible conduct of research and data integrity
- Leads all function research elements to include; Biostatistics and Data Management,;Research Operations including the research operations budget, Support, and Finance; Education and training, ;, Quality Improvement Initiatives; Research pre-award, postaward, grants; , Clinical Research support staff (CRC, CRNs, Montiors) ; Clinical Research IT system optimization(EPIC and CTMS), Regularly interacts with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health leadership, physicians, investigators, patients, administration, federal research sponsors, industry research sponsors, nurses, coordinators, and other support personnel.
- Develops research program business processes that allow PMLGH conduct research efficiently and compliantly
- In collaboration with Research and administrative leadership, develops annual goals to include the strategic plan for research institute, annual process improvement plan, and research staff coaching and development plan
- Responsible for ensuring the financial viability of the
- research program
- Oversees the development of Research Institute personnel both administratively and clinically to allow PMLGH to effectively manage research
- Partners and collaborates with the PMLGH Compliance Office and Legal Department to educate, evaluate, and address research compliance issues and risks
- Partners with executive and physician leadership of ABBCI CRU to support growth, development, and compliance of cancer research trials. Looks for oppotunitites for alignment of efforts
- Ensures critical research business processes are operating properly and identify ways to continually enhance their compliance, functionality, and performance
- Ensures the research program serves the needs of patients, investigators, and the health system
- Oversees and directs the promotion of the research program through advertising, marketing, publication, and other means.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree required in a health related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a clinical
- research environment, with at least eight (8) years at the manager level or above working in a hospital or academic research environment.
- Experience in clinical trial and study operations, use of clinical research IT platforms, managing federally funded grants & corporate contracts, managing a human subjects protection program, and has implementing a clinical research compliance program
- Experience working with research patients, communicating with physician investigators and clinical staff, and understanding the work dynamic of conducting research in a hospital
- Experience managing Clinical Research Staff
- Understanding of hospital patient billing, charge capture and revenue cycle operations
- Substantial knowledge of CMS research regulations including: FDA Good Clinical Practices, OMB Circular and other applicable research regulation including CMS regulations pertaining to research billing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and execution of office or program objectives.
- Experience developing and executing a strategic plan.
- Experience dealing with physician investigators and encouraging their participation in the research program.
- Financial expertise.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building
- Strong computer, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet skills.
- Flexibility and comfort in working within ambiguity and
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in managing clinical trials and federally funded research.
- Advanced degree (MD, MBA, MPH, MSN, JD, PhD, or similar) in a health related field.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/22/2021