Vice President Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3071 Executive Office
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, reporting to LG Health Chief Human Resources Officer and Performance Optimization, will work with Executive Leadership to continue to build and promote a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. This role is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy and ensure alignment to the broader Penn Medicine System ACT strategy. The role will identify and champion strategic priorities and translate into practical and actionable solutions. This role is is responsible for promoting awareness of DEI issues both internally and externally while partnering closely with stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Promote organization-wide awareness of DEI while serving as the spokeperson for the organization’s commitment to DEI vision, mission and strategy.
- Partner with organizational leaders to develop and implement Diversity and Inclusion strategies, processes and procedures in support of the Organization’s objectives & mission
- Serve as subject matter expert providing coaching, education and consultation to enable leaders to implement DEI strategy to benefit the diverse workforce and patient population.
- Work closely with clinical teams to ensure comprehenive education, training and professional development programs are available to enhance collaboration and provide culturally competent care to patients.
- Partner with Marketing and Talent Acquisition to drive design and delivery of inclusive messaging throughout the organization.
- Foster and cultivate relationships with both community and outside organizations (i.e., NUL, NCLR, HBCU, HSI, etc.).
- Partner with business leaders and employees in the design and implementation of goals, strategies, and tactics to attract, retain and promote a diverse & inclusive workforce with a true sense of inclusion.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for DEI initiatives that can meaningfully change behaviors.
- Partner with talent acquisition team and external parties to strategically source and attract diverse talent (mentorships, internships, tech talent)
- Working with leaders across the organization to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into all employee touch-points, acting as the subject matter expert on DEI, and being accountable for the evolution of our DEI strategy
- Lead the growth and promotion of our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and the D & I Advisory Committee including ongoing communications; alignment of goals and activities; and measurement of progress/results
- Be an ambassador for LG Health DEI with our customers/partners and also with key external parties (non-profits, colleges/universities, philanthropy partners)
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI initiatives to report on progress and identify opportunities for future areas of focus and improvement
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintain knowledge of DEI related issues and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Ten (10) years experience in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Five (5) years leadership experience.
- Experience developing, implementing and communicating DEI initiatives.
- Experience leading transformational DEI strategies through effective project, people and change management skills.
- Master’s degree in healthcare, Diversity and Inclusion, Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Prior Healthcare industry experience.
- Diversity & Inclusion Certification and/or certifications in Project Management, Change Management or Human Resources.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 04/21/2021