Lancaster General Medical Grp
61476 Neurology - Inpatient
Orthopedic & Neuroscience
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with the LG Health Stroke Medical Director and the Chairman of Neurology, implements the LG Stroke program vision and strategic plan to provide comprehensive and coordinated stroke care and neurological care in the local community and surrounding area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with the Stroke Medical Director and Chairman of Neurology, helps to identify and recommend process improvements for the Stroke and inpatient neurology programs consistent with Lancaster General Hospital goals. Provides patient care necessary to accomplish approved objectives and plans.
- In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, participates in care management teams and is responsible for providing hospital stroke and general neurological care, including neuro-critical care for Lancaster General Hospital.
- Collaborates with key hospital departments and other organizational entities to ensure seamless and coordinated care for stroke/neurological patients; coordinates access to necessary linkages with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania programs as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Stroke Program Coordinator for related quality and performance measures. This responsibility includes but not limited to:
- Participation in stroke rounds and peer review activities through Neurology Division meetings
- Active participation in Stroke Care Management
- Assists in the reviews and may evaluate Stroke registry data on a monthly basis to identify trends for further evaluation and follow-up.
- Participates in outreach initiatives
- Willing to lead Stroke Case Review in the absence of the Medical Director
- Stays abreast of the work required to support stroke related accreditations e.g. TJC Disease Specific Certification.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in academic relationships with the University of Pennsylvania in support of the teaching and research goals of the program.
- Collaborates with medical and surgical specialties as well as EMS services to support aligned and coordinated stroke care delivery in the community.
- Will participate in stroke call coverage to meet the patient care responsibilities of the Stroke Program. Participates as a member in the Lancaster General Hospital Stroke on-call roster. Provides direct care of stroke inpatients and emergent Neurological consultation requests while serving as an on-call panelist.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.D., or DO Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurologist
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- High level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel and physicians and the general public.
- High level competence in neuro - critical care obtained through either fellowship training or experience in a neuro-specialty setting within two (2) years of assuming position
- Significant hospital-based neurology and stroke experience
Posted on 08/17/2018
- Fellowship training in Stroke and/or Neuro-Critical Care.