Value Management Program Manager
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours a week or 1.0 FTE. Day shift hours. Monday through Friday.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. For further details in support of the determination, refer to the Job Requirements Questionnaire (JRQ). Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PURPOSE: The Value Management Program Manager serves as the operational coordinator for the value analysis processes within Penn Medicine Lancaster General Penn Medicine. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with clinical staff, Value Analysis committees and Supply Chain. Supports LG Supply Chain department with value analysis cost savings initiatives, standardization and new technology introductions to enhance patient care services. Provides assistance with product review and analysis to support product availability.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 80%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
1. Support LG Value Analysis (VA) committees by working with VA Chairs and team members to develop and utilize tools to enhance the value of the items being requested.
2. In collaboration with corporate data analytics team monitors key financials indicators to ensure expected results are achieved. Reports variances to VA chairs.
3. In collaboration with committee co-chair, serves as a liaison between VA committees on cross committee initiatives.
4. Acts a resource for LG Supply Chain leaders, provider staff, clinical staff, clinical and financial leadership, and value analysis committees.
5. Provides clinical input for LG Supply Chain to assist with analysis of products to enable product substitution when necessary. Includes involvement with new product introduction, substitutions, transitions, and related activities.
6. Works with VA Chairs to continually track VA efforts measuring and documenting the financial, quality and service success.
7. Assists LG VA Chairs with activities regarding preparation of presentation materials, review of information, acceptance and/or revision of preliminary strategy, and determining additional information requirements, product/service trials.
8. Collaborates with Corporate Supply Chain Directors and Contract Managers to ensure VA initiatives align with current contract terms and rebate structures.
9. Maintains central repository for all LGH Penn Medicine VA initiatives including balanced scorecard and any other supporting documentation. Scorecard to tracking to include approvals, denials and cost impacts.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 20%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
1. Articulates and presents data, information ideas in a clear and concise manner.
2. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Value Analysis.
3. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of Value Analysis by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure
4. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
• BS or BA degree in business is required or equivalent work experience.
• Advanced analytical skills.
• Ability to create and deliver complex analysis and lead collaborative discussions.
• Healthcare experience is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of five (5) years of analytical work in a progressive and complex environment of a medium to large hospital or a multi-hospital system
• Requires a high level understanding of healthcare products and supply chain activities.
• Requires ability to perform statistical and financial analysis
• Requires a high level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and presentation software tools to interpret, communicate and present information in a clear, concise manner
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Five (5) or more years of value analysis knowledge and procurement activities
GENERAL EDUCATION – LANGUAGE ABILITY: The following levels of ability are necessary to deliver, understand, and apply language:
• Ability to read scientific and technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports; using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style; using all parts of speech.
• Ability to make comprehensive presentation; participate in formal debate; communicate extemporaneously; communicate before an audience with poise, using correct English.
GENERAL EDUCATION – MATHEMATICS ABILITY: The following levels of ability are necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem-solving situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
• Ability to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
• Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
• Ability to compute profit and loss, ratio and proportion, and percentage.
• Ability to calculate surfaces, volume, weights, and measures.
• Using Algebra, to calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: telephone, computer, copier, FAX
Tools: Office supplies
Software: Clinical information systems, e-mail, Microsoft Word – Excel – PowerPoint, PACS, EPIC, SMS,
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Degree of physical exertion is light/moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 12/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.