Urgent Care Physician (Spring Valley)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61380 Urgent Care Ephrata
Urgent Care- Providers
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the area of Urgent Care medicine
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice. Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 01/29/2020
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications required.
- Successful completion of Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine.