Urgent Care Physician (Elizabethtown)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61200 Norlanco Urgent Care
Urgent Care- Providers
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Schedule: 36-hour work week (2x14-hour shifts and 1x8-hour shift), 1 in 3 weekends
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians (LGHP) – Urgent Care is seeking a BE/BC Urgent Care Physician to join our team. Penn Medicine LGHP - Urgent Care is accredited by the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine, which demonstrates the highest level of care consistent with the ideals of the specialty of Urgent Care Medicine. Our newest Urgent Care facility will offer lab results in real-time, intravenous fluids and advanced imaging capabilities.
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine.
Posted on 02/04/2019
- At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a specialist.