Unit Clerk-7F General Medicine (Part Time Days)
0.5 FTE hours 0630-2300-Mainly day shift, weekend and holiday rotation
Med/Surg unit-Great team/teamwork
POSITION SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility for the organization of the nurse’s station and monitors all related activity. Performs multiple clerical duties necessary for maintaining complete and correct kardex, clinical charts, records, charges and reports. Performs a variety of receptionist duties within assigned areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Transcribes all orders from the patient charts onto the chart and medication sheets. Completes all paperwork and telephone notifications related to those procedures. Notifies the RN of all STAT/Now orders.
- Organizes and maintains patient records by filing reports on the appropriate charts, calling for old records on all admissions, thinning charts, copying reports, assembling charts and ensuring completeness.
- Coordinates communication with physicians, staff, patients and families through use of telephone and intercom systems.
- Completes documentation related to unit activity such as current census, patient admissions, discharges, transfers, surgeries, Nursing Station Activity Sheet and diet sheets under the direction of the Head Nurse.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Runs errands as requested by nurses on duty, including drug basket to drug room, goods from Central Supply, medications from Pharmacy, etc.
- Ensures adequate inventory of supplies and materials by assessing available space and ordering daily and weekly supplies according to the standard.
- Enters data on the computer.
- Participates in the orientation and acts as a preceptor for other Unit Clerks under the direction of the Unit Clerk instructor, Head Nurse or Charge Nurse.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of computer experience.
- One (1) year of secretarial experience.
- One (1) year of experience with medical terminology.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/14/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.