Unified Communications Enterprise Architect
POSITION SUMMARY: The Unified Communications (UC) Enterprise Architect is a working role that provides expert technical leadership and consultation in the design, installation, modification, support, and testing of the implementation of all UC systems and the integration of all associated communications systems. The position will provide consultation and mentoring to all levels based on the advanced understanding of the UC applications and operational department requirements. Requires working knowledge of a wide variety of technologies such as development tools and UC applications, servers, network integrations, and middleware. The position will provide consultation to take business strategies and assist in defining IT communication Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) application architecture to support those strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes prior experience to recommend solutions and strategies that optimize UC systems to ensure transformation in improved processes, communications, and patient safety initiatives. Understands enterprise system architecture and ensures that recommended changes to UC systems are thoroughly analyzed for impact to integrated solutions and across all enterprise systems. Utilizes appropriate governance processes for discussion and approval of changes that may impact other modules or systems.
- Provides superior project collaboration through advanced knowledge of the system architecture, table structures and dependencies and functional workflows supported by UC systems. Participate in meetings with internal and external customers to identify and scope new requirements. Coordinates higher-level vendor tiered support.
- Responsible for providing architecture consultation on large or highly complex initiatives so they meet business objectives and are in line with overall enterprise architecture. Demonstrates agility in moving between high-level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of actual project delivery.
- Provides expert problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of complex issues at the technical and applications levels.
- Leads the design and architecting for all UC projects and provides in-house UC Tier III support as applicable.
- Responsible for the UC integration of all voice platforms and all associated legacy communications systems or platforms.
- Assures telephony platforms (UC, IVR, instant messaging, voice conferencing, etc.) deployed by LG Health are compatible with one another, maximize the efficiency of technology (OPEX and CAPEX), represent consistent, sustainable and long lasting technology decisions, and accurately reflect business technology requirements.
- Partners with the Project Manager(s) on definition of project requirements, goal definitions and timeliness to be implemented by telephony, technology and application resources.
- Interacts with department leadership and with users to ensure system is operating and performing according to specifications.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Applications Analysts, vendors, department staff and other operational team members to provide technical UC guidance.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Integrated Voice Response (IVR) integration.
- On-call support as needed.
- Call Center technology growth.
- Others as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or 5-7 years progressive relevant experience required.
- Current Avaya Certifications related to Aura platforms 4 and above.
- 3-5 years Strong Engineering ability on Avaya Session/System Manager
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience delivering on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Expertise with enterprise voice network infrastructures (SBCs & Gateways, SIP, circuit switching, VoIP architecture).
- Server installations, software installation, certification and software patching on Avaya VOIP systems
- Valid driver’s license as some regional travel may be required.
- Eight (8) years implementing and/or supporting Avaya applications
- Four (4) years of supporting or maintaining an application.
- Four (4) years of providing direct end-user support.
- Four (4) years of application testing.
- Must have understanding of software development cycle and methodologies
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
- The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time because of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
. Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products Avaya software.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: 36-70%;
- Stand: 36-70%;
- Walk: 36-70%;
- Bend: 36-70%;
- Push: 0-10%
- Pull: 0-10%
- Kneel/Squat: 0-10%
- Reach: 0-10%
- Twist: 0-10%
- Balance: 0-10%
- Climb: 0-10%
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Extreme Temperatures
- Exposed Electrical Lines
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 11/06/2019