Ultrasound Technologist Vascular :The Heart Group(40Hr/Week/Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Vascular US Tech position at The Heart Group. Monday - Friday, no weekends or holidays. 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist Vascular:The Heart Group(40Hr/week/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$5,000 sign on with a 2 year committment
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday Through Friday 8:00am-4:30 pm no weekends or holidays.
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment. The Sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self –motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve. Select positions may require the Sonographers that are registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) to perform limited Diagnostic X ray procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Required of all incumbents:
- High School diploma/GED.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Certified by the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) in in Physics (SPI,) OB/GYN, ABD and Vascular Technology (RVT) within eighteen (18) months of placement in position.
- Additional ARDMS specialty registries are encouraged.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification may be required for select positions.
- In compliance with ARDMS and/or ARRT continuing education requirements.
- CPR certification.
- If providing portable services: Valid PA driver’s license required.
- Completion of required clinical experience and hours required to take the ARDMS Abdomen, Physics, and OB/GYN registry exams.
- Completion of required classroom hours and material required to take the ARDMS Abdomen, Physics, and OB/GYN registry exams.
- Exceptional professional communication with patients.
- Exceptional patient care skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- Valid driver's license may be required (based upon position assignment).
- Applicable to Cardiology:
- OB/GYN certification not required
- Competency in all areas of specialty offered here.
- 2 years of experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
This position requires a Professional Certification #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/28/2021