Ultrasound Technologist (Full-Time/Varied Shifts)
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment. The Sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self –motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve. Select positions may require the Sonographers that are registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) to perform limited Diagnostic X ray procedures.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time, 0.9 FTE, 36 hours per week working varied shifts at varied sites. Two holidays per year, every other weekend, and occasional call rotation.
SIGN ON BONUS: $4,500 with a 2-year commitment to the organization (external applicants and eligible internal applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Required of all incumbents:
- High School diploma/GED.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Certified by the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) in in Physics (SPI,) OB/GYN, ABD and Vascular Technology (RVT) within eighteen (18) months of placement in position.
- Additional ARDMS specialty registries are encouraged.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification may be required for select positions.
- In compliance with ARDMS and/or ARRT continuing education requirements.
- CPR certification.
- If providing portable services: Valid PA driver’s license required.
- Completion of required clinical experience and hours required to take the ARDMS Abdomen, Physics, and OB/GYN registry exams.
- Completion of required classroom hours and material required to take the ARDMS Abdomen, Physics, and OB/GYN registry exams.
- Exceptional professional communication with patients.
- Exceptional patient care skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- Valid driver's license may be required (based upon position assignment).
- Competency in all areas of specialty offered here.
- 2 years of experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, all Ultrasound machines, Diagnostic X ray machines and CR cassettes for select positions, Ultrasound transducers, ultrasound imaging and reading equipment, stretchers, intercoms, paging systems, patient equipment (monitors, oxygen, IV pumps, suction apparatus), Sterile trays, specimen containers, bedpans, urinals, exam gloves
Software: Microsoft Office Products, hospital mainframe, and all software programs essential to the Ultrasound Department workflow and function, software packages within the Ultrasound equipment
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/11/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.