Truck Driver-Courier (Part Time)
0.5 FTE Part time position, Tuesday - Friday 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm & Saturday 7:00 am - 11:00am. Occasional over time & holiday work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Transport laundry, storeroom supplies, bulk items, documents and equipment to various LGH facilities and locations. Coordinates the transfer of material and equipment to the offsite warehouse storage. Work with dispatch to satisfy Material Move and Storage tickets. Provide support in the collection of and transport of blood and related equipment for the blood bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Operates an LGH owned truck or other assigned vehicle to drive from the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion or Duke Street hospital to various facilities and satellite offices for delivery of bulk items such as laundry, documents, storeroom supplies, and equipment.
- Laundry route – Delivers clean laundry to various LGH locations. Picks up soiled laundry at various LGH locations and delivers it to the laundry service at the Duke Street hospital. Returns empty laundry carts back to the laundry service.
- Blood drives - Transports equipment and supplies to the blood drive location. Assist with the set-up of equipment at the blood drive location. During the blood drive, transports collected blood to the blood bank. Removes equipment from the blood drive location after the blood drive and returns it to storage.
- Warehouse storage - Transports and delivers various items from the storage warehouse to LGH facilities.
- Supports Courier dispatcher with satisfying all Material Move & Storage requests tickets. Transport items from LGH facilities to the warehouse storage location.
- Retrieves Emergency Response Material from the off-site warehouse storage. Understands the type of supplies and equipment requested for the Emergency Response and the location of these items in the warehouse storage area.
- Adheres to an assigned time window for each scheduled stop to ensure timely delivery of items. Utilizes route sheets that lists predetermined stops with specific locations and pick-up time.
- Records appropriate information regarding deliveries on the truck route sheet.
- Understands proper specimen handling procedures to avoid contact with potential bio-hazardous materials and to maintain specimen integrity. Follows proper procedures during a spill to contain potential bio-hazardous materials and contacts proper authorities.
- Receives text messages and/or phone calls to perform extra pick-ups “will-call” as required. Changing priorities and/or requesting other drivers to assist. Helps to coordinate courier services through direct contact with other courier staff members and communicating with the clients and other LGH members.
- Required to drive in adverse conditions including various types of weather
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Organizes items for delivery during stops.
- Maintains appearance and condition of the truck. Fills and maintains proper fuel levels in the truck
- Avoids traffic, construction and other route issues through knowledge of the area and alternate routes.
- Reports all existing and potential problems with the truck to the resource team leader or supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to pass and maintain the DOT physical certification.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Four years experience operating a motor vehicle
- Two year experience operating a box truck preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/05/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.