Truck Driver-Courier (Full-Time 2nd shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3082 Courier Service
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Transport laundry, storeroom supplies, bulk items, documents and equipment to various LGH facilities and locations. Coordinates the transfer of material and equipment to the offsite warehouse storage. Work with dispatch to satisfy Material Move and Storage tickets. Provide support in the collection of and transport of blood and related equipment for the blood bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Operates an LGH owned truck or other assigned vehicle to drive from the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion or Duke Street hospital to various facilities and satellite offices for delivery of bulk items such as laundry, documents, storeroom supplies, and equipment.
- Laundry route – Delivers clean laundry to various LGH locations. Picks up soiled laundry at various LGH locations and delivers it to the laundry service at the Duke Street hospital. Returns empty laundry carts back to the laundry service.
- Blood drives - Transports equipment and supplies to the blood drive location. Assist with the set-up of equipment at the blood drive location. During the blood drive, transports collected blood to the blood bank. Removes equipment from the blood drive location after the blood drive and returns it to storage.
- Warehouse storage - Transports and delivers various items from the storage warehouse to LGH facilities.
- Supports Courier dispatcher with satisfying all Material Move & Storage requests tickets. Transport items from LGH facilities to the warehouse storage location.
- Retrieves Emergency Response Material from the off-site warehouse storage. Understands the type of supplies and equipment requested for the Emergency Response and the location of these items in the warehouse storage area.
- Adheres to an assigned time window for each scheduled stop to ensure timely delivery of items. Utilizes route sheets that lists predetermined stops with specific locations and pick-up time.
- Records appropriate information regarding deliveries on the truck route sheet.
- Understands proper specimen handling procedures to avoid contact with potential bio-hazardous materials and to maintain specimen integrity. Follows proper procedures during a spill to contain potential bio-hazardous materials and contacts proper authorities.
- Receives text messages and/or phone calls to perform extra pick-ups “will-call” as required. Changing priorities and/or requesting other drivers to assist. Helps to coordinate courier services through direct contact with other courier staff members and communicating with the clients and other LGH members.
- Required to drive in adverse conditions including various types of weather
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Organizes items for delivery during stops.
- Maintains appearance and condition of the truck. Fills and maintains proper fuel levels in the truck
- Avoids traffic, construction and other route issues through knowledge of the area and alternate routes.
- Reports all existing and potential problems with the truck to the resource team leader or supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to pass and maintain the DOT physical certification.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Four years experience operating a motor vehicle
- Two year experience operating a box truck preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/09/2020