Triage Nurse LPN/RN - Lititz, Pa - SIGN-ON BONUS - (20 hours/week, 1st & 2nd shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7195 Nursing Admin - Primary Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
$1K SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS! (This amount will be prorated for any FTE below a 1.0.)
HOURS: Between 8 am - 8 pm Monday-Thursday and 8 am - 5 pm Friday, approximately one Saturday every 6 weeks 12 pm - 6 pm. No holidays, no on call.
3 years clinical experience required.
This office is located in Lititz, Pa
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide support to providers, staff and patients who fall under the auspices of the LGHP (Lancaster General Health Physicians) and/or partnering practices. Responsible for the telephonic/electronic intake, assessment, planning, coordination, and implementation of standardized protocols relating to patient symptoms and dispensation of medical advice. The triage nurse will assist with triage in the EMR inbasket and nurse telephone line, nurse case management, collaboration with clinical teams, clinicians, and other departments as necessary, and provide quality patient care in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation standards. This patient-centered position delivers services with focus on customer service and symptom management. This nurse works with all primary care practices to assist with triage duties and related tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls in person, through the the nurse phone line and/or via an EPIC inbasket.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and directs them to emergency rooms/urgent care centers, dispenses home care advice, or schedules appointments with health care clinicians during office hours.
- Determines urgency of seeing patient based on brief assessment and familiarity with patient’s condition and history.
- Uses computerized, evidence-based clinical decision making including algorithms.
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to emergency departments immediately or arranges for an ambulance.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not need to go directly to the emergency room, and schedules appointment with provider as necessary.
- Ensures accurate documentation forall conversations and treatments are recorded in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to the emergency room but need to see a physician. Consults with clinicians as needed.
- Provides generalized health information as appropriate when patients have questions, i.e. “Do I need a flu shot?”
- Serves as a clinical resource and professional role model for other nursing staff.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes them in a timely manner.
- Assists in medical chart reviews and compiling data for audits and reports.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem lists, and medication lists.
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies, and healthful behaviors.
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with all staff, patients, families, consultants, and community members in accordance with the Penn Medicine Experience Standards.
- Provides timely response to calls and patient/staff inquiries.
- Participates in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned as related to triage workflows.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing required.
- Healthcare BLS
- Minimum of Three (3) years of clinical experience in direct patient care, preferably ambulatory care setting
- Current CPR certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an independent environment.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/23/2021