Trauma Research Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm with occasional overtime related to submission deadlines.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, collects, analyzes, maintains, and prepares research and performance improvement information associated with Trauma Services. Provide oversight of the design, execution, and evaluation of research materials. In addition, conduct administrative and office management function.
- Develop and implement data collection processes related to specific research protocols.
- Responsible for managing database and performing data analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications and reports for Annual Continuing Reviews.
- Plan and participate in research and performance improvement studies.
- Perform literature searches relevant to clinical research topics and references for bibliographies.
- Assist with the preparation of electronic presentation media for national meetings/conferences.
- Assist with the preparation of abstracts for national conferences.
- Compile, prepare, and review manuscripts for publication; consult with medical director regarding arrangements and compilation of content; proofread copyedited materials as required.
- Participate in clinical research initiatives.
- Coordinate and supervise activities with Clinical Research Organizations (CRO) that represent sponsored clinical trials.
- Works within defined protocols and current HIPPA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field required.
- Proficient computer skills required and demonstrated application of those skills relative to job experience in database design, spreadsheet, word-processing and multimedia applications is required.
- Proven ability to establish goals, meet deadlines, and work with others to accomplish objectives is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Certification in clinical research is preferred.
- Previous clinical experience as a Medical Assistant, LPN, RN or other clinical healthcare professional is preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare and medical terminology is preferred.
- Sound experience or knowledge of clinical outcomes is preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience in field of clinical research is preferred.
- Previous experience in research, quality assurance or performance improvement is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/06/2022