Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week). Day Shift (Mon-Fri, four 10 hour days). No weekends or holidays.
SIGN ON BONUS: Up to $15,000 (based on FTE), with 2 year commitment. Eligibility rules apply, including 18 months or greater RN experience.
The Trauma Performance Improvement (PI) Coordinator facilitates/participates in trauma quality initiatives, identifies and develops processes to improve outcomes across the continuum of care and serves as a trauma educator and mentor. The Trauma PI Coordinator assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient care management guidelines and prevention of injury programs in coordination with the trauma administrative team. The Trauma PI Coordinator focuses on the entire process of care throughout the trauma continuum which includes monitoring of the patients clinical, functional and psychosocial status. Trauma PI Coordinators will also assist with case management activities by assisting LG Health Care Management Team. The Trauma PI Coordinators provides for the communication link for coordination of care among the multidisciplinary healthcare team within and outside the program. The nurse coordinated model is cost effective, accountable and provides quality outcomes. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides concurrent and retrospective review and analysis of the care of assigned patient caseload at the patient level, program level and institutional level.
- Facilitates the formation of collaborative care management teams and leads the efforts in meeting the responsibilities of the team including variance analysis, aggregate trend analysis, and recommendations for changes in practice.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates systems and processes to support managed care and case management that address the special needs of a designated patient population.
- Identifies nursing research problems and utilizes nursing research strategies to promote clinical knowledge development and research-based clinical practice.
- Applies new information to clinical practice as evidenced by evaluation of established practice patterns.
- Serves as a role model and provides clinical consultation and education for the members of the multidisciplinary team related to nursing care, expected patient outcomes, and resource availability.
- Collaborates with nursing staff, physicians, and other members of the health care team to achieve patient outcomes within allotted time period utilizing unit, hospital, and outpatient resources in an effective and efficient manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in managing the care of a high-risk patient population, evaluates patient care outcomes, plans corrective action for identified variances, and utilizes a system to collect and aggregate pertinent data.
- Collaborates with clinical nurse managers and care management teams to evaluate the effectiveness of managed care and case management of designated case types.
- Identifies professional needs to maintain expertise and keep current with health care trends and nursing practice within profession and specialty area.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or higher level nursing degree, required.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience in the area of specialty.
- In depth, current knowledge in the area of specialty.
One (1) year of experience at Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Hospital.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/15/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.