Trauma Injury Prevention Education and Outreach Coordinator
Primarily Day Shift
Occasional evening and or weekend time required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Trauma Program Manager, is responsible and accountable for the coordination, development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of injury prevention, education, and outreach programs. This work involves defining the best methods, and forums to identify prevention, education and outreach needs through the utilization of trauma registry data, research, surveys therefore raising the visibility of injury prevention. The Trauma Injury Prevention, Education and Outreach Coordinator will support the Trauma Service to ensure our community injury prevention and educational needs are being met. Responsible for overseeing and managing Trauma projects as assigned
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Primarily Day Shift. Occasional evening and or weekend time required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develops, creates, and coordinates community injury prevention, education and outreach programs for targeted populations based on data, quality indicators and survey information i.e. Podcasts
- Actively participations and leads both internal and external injury prevention, education and outreach programs, and has direct involvement in local, regional and state level injury prevention committees.
- Attends all Trauma Injury Prevention, Education and Outreach Coordinator LGH & Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF) related meetings.
- Based on Penn Medicine Lancaster General Hospital trauma registry, develops, coordinates, markets, and evaluates internal and external injury prevention, education and outreach activities, based on relevant epidemiological data for trauma and identified needs both within the institution and in the community in coordination with the Trauma Program Manager, Trauma Program Medical Director, Lancaster General Health Public Relations and Marketing Department.
- Represents the Lancaster General Hospital Trauma Program at local and statewide injury prevention coalitions, organizations, and in the community, including local health departments, local schools, local EMS/Fire Departments, SAFE KIDS, Stop the Bleed, etc.
- Promotes the distribution and marketing of approved research-based prevention materials from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the American Trauma Society (ATS), the National SAFE KIDS campaign, law enforcement agencies, fire departments, and other national, regional, and local sources.
- Works closely with Trauma Program Manager to identify financial needs for the program’s injury prevention, education and outreach initiatives.
- Coordinates trauma program projects as they arise.
- Implements measures to monitor outcomes and effectiveness of injury prevention and education programs.
- Oversees grant funding opportunities, as appropriate, with the assistance of experienced grant writers.
- Implements and monitors grant funded programs for compliance with their specific requirements, including reporting and evaluation of financial management, as required.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Lancaster General Hospital Trauma Services Injury Prevention Committee.
- Coordinates ATLS, ATCN, ENLS, FCCS, and RTTDC programs for Trauma Services – this includes scheduling, coordinating, advertising, catering, cost management.
- Complete CME applications for for all educational events to provide licensed personnel to receive CEU/CME credits.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Prepares and maintains written documentation as required by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation and the department.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare field within two (2) years of hire.
- Must meet one of the following criteria: a. Pennsylvania Paramedic certification, b. Registered Nurse/Prehospital Registered Nurse.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of prevention and outreach experience.
- Injury Prevention Specialist Certification.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/20/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.