Transporter - Full Time (Day Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4555 Patient Transport
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking full time Transporters within the Patient Transport Department. They will greet, guide and transport in-patients within the hospital setting for all departments. Transport equipment and supplies within the hospital setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient transfer on and off appropriate transport equipment.
- Transports scheduled patients to all areas of the hospital. Retrieves and delivers equipment, patient transporting aids, and supplies.
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to department standards.
- Monitors the condition of wheelchairs and litters and initiates repair through appropriate communication channels.
- Monitors and maintains transport system including computerized transport schedules.
- Demonstrates computer skills necessary to perform department specific responsibilities.
- Depending on location may need to reschedule patients and handle phone calls.
- Documents accurately and timely, according to department standards.
- Reports promptly unusual situations, reactions, effects or conditions related to patient care to the responsible person(s).
- Provides basic comfort, support and safety needs of patients.
- Functions as a patient advocate by resolving patient/family concerns through appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates proper responses to emergency situations.
- Identifies learning needs and seeks available resources and opportunities.
- Completes assignments within designated shift.
- Responds promptly to requests for assistance.
- Respects patient rights and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for others thoughts and feelings and handles conflicts in a positive manner.
- Accepts accountability, as an individual and as a team member for all services provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 10/24/2019