Transporter (Full Time/ 3rd Shift)
3rd shift, every 3rd weekend, rotating holidays.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full Time, 3rd shift, every other weekend/holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: To greet, guide and transport in-patients within the hospital setting for all departments. Transport equipment and supplies within the hospital setting. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (0 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient transfer on and off appropriate transport equipment.
- Transports scheduled patients to all areas of the hospital. Retrieves and delivers equipment, patient transporting aids, and supplies.
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to department standards.
- Monitors the condition of wheelchairs and litters and initiates repair through appropriate communication channels.
- Monitors and maintains transport system including computerized transport schedules.
- Demonstrates computer skills necessary to perform department specific responsibilities.
- Depending on location may need to reschedule patients and handle phone calls.
- Documents accurately and timely, according to department standards.
- Reports promptly unusual situations, reactions, effects or conditions related to patient care to the responsible person(s).
- Provides basic comfort, support and safety needs of patients.
- Functions as a patient advocate by resolving patient/family concerns through appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates proper responses to emergency situations.
- Identifies learning needs and seeks available resources and opportunities.
- Completes assignments within designated shift.
- Responds promptly to requests for assistance.
- Respects patient rights and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for others thoughts and feelings and handles conflicts in a positive manner.
- Accepts accountability, as an individual and as a team member for all services provided.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR Certification required.
- Ability to continually prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and deliver accurate and efficient results.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills when dealing with patients, family members and staff.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, oxygen tank, IV pumps, suction bottles, feeding pump, portable suction, mechanical lifting devices, flashlight.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information system, e-mail, scheduling system.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/01/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.