Transport Dispatcher - Full Time (Day/Evening Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4527 Communication Center
Emergency Communications Center
This positions is located in Lancaster, PA
Position will be working 32 hours/week working both day and evening shifts.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates and dispatches emergency and routine services for internal and external customers. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receive emergency calls from internal emergency numbers at LGH and LGH Health Pavilion (7911, 3911)as well as panic alarms within LGH . Dispatchers must take appropriate actions to coordinate Security, Fire, Haz Mat, and EMS.
- Dispatch and track Hospital Security Officers on Emergent and non emergent Events.
- Monitor and maintain recorders for Closed Circuit Security and Trauma Cameras.
- Coordinate Helicopter Transfer requests and Landings at LGH.
- Coordination center for all hospital related transports with EMS.
- Coordinate Medical Command and EMS Medical Reports.
- Dispatching and Re-dispatching and Tone testing responsibilities for EMS and Fire.
- Severe weather monitoring / Coordination with H.E.E.T. program
- Responsible for hospital divert notifications.
- Responsible for daily statistical information.
- Information system management with Computer Aided Dispatch, database and statistical information management.
- Performance Improvement activities.
- Provides EMS Coordination for WBH Perinatal Response Teams.
- Follow Emergency Procedures Guidelines (Code; K, H, Blue. Condition; 8, red, yellow, green. And Bomb Threats)
- Provides close communication with Nursing Supervisor on numerous events.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Recognized Telecommunicator Course or Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Customer Service Skills / Communication Skills
- Computer Experience (Windows Word, Excel / Lotus Approach / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)/ Database management )
Posted on 08/06/2019
- Previous experience in the field or office operation of EMS/Fire/Police operations is recommended