The position is a 0.2 FTE working 3p-11p every other Sat/Sun.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Part-Time, 8 hours p/ week, 3pm-11pm, every other Saturday/Sunday
Coordinates and dispatches emergency and routine services for internal and external customers. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receive emergency calls from internal emergency numbers at LGH and LGH Health Pavilion (7911, 3911)as well as panic alarms within LGH . Dispatchers must take appropriate actions to coordinate Security, Fire, Haz Mat, and EMS. Dispatcher for any and all emergencies which require non clinical emergency response (combative patients/visitors, fires, vandalism, facility malfunctions, elevator entrapment, facility alarms, panic alarms, door alarms, equipment alarms). Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health (LGH) dispatchers elevate response to local emergency responders as necessary/if incident exceeds internal capabilities (in alignment with HICS standards).
- Dispatch and track Hospital Security Officers on Emergent and non emergent Events.
- Monitor and maintain recorders for Closed Circuit Security and Trauma Cameras.
- Coordinates Helicopter Transfer requests and Landings at LGH.
- Coordination center for all hospital related transports with EMS.
- Coordinate Medical Command and EMS Medical Reports.
- Dispatching and Re-dispatching testing responsibilities for EMS and Fire.
- Responsible for hospital divert notifications.
- Responsible for daily statistical information.
- Information system management with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), database and statistical information management- CAD system reports on emergency resource activities, patient transport discharges, alarm activations, med command events, other emergencies as needed.
- Performance Improvement activities.
- Provide EMS Coordination for WBH Perinatal Response Teams.
- Follow Emergency Procedures Guidelines (Code; K, H, Blue. Condition; 8, red, yellow, green. And Bomb Threats). Operates under JCO standard EM. 02.02.01. to ensure communications with internal and external resources/emergency responders is maintained at all times up to and including PEMA radio operation.
- Provide close communication with Nursing Supervisor on numerous events.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide directions to LGH for patients and visitors unfamiliar area.
- Provide license / employee sticker information to security.
- Coordinate requests for county emergency resources to LGH. When external resources are provided, the LGH ECC's role is to bridge coms with the facility ops teams and external ops teams until unified command is otherwise established.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.or
- Customer Service Skills / Communication Skills.
- Computer Experience (Windows Word, Excel / Lotus Approach / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)/ Database management).
- One (1) year of experience in EMS, Emergency Dispatching, Police, Fire, or Security; and/or one (1) year working with police, hospital and/or community transport, and/or inpatient hospital patient related care/service.
- Recognized Telecommunicator Course or Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Radio Communications, Computer Aided Dispatch System, VCR, Intercom’s, Camera Multiplexor, Camera Joystick, Writing instruments, Screw drivers
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Internet, Lotus Approach, Approach, SMS
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.