Temporary Regional Response RN
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3063 Post Acute Care
Post Acute Care
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs Long Term Care (LTC) and Personal Care Facility assessments through on-site visits and remotely as a member of a Rapid Response team which consists of a MD, RN and Social Worker. Coordinates preparedness activities and testis residents and staff for COVID 19.
This is a temporary assignment with an expected duration of four (4) months. Those selected will be considered for other opportunities within Lancaster General Health after end of temporary assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs Long Term Care (LTC) and Personal Care Facility assessments through on-site visits and remotely as a member of a team.
- Responds to Facility needs within 24 hrs. of (notification) as part of a Rapid Response Team (MD,RN,SW).
- Coordinates preparedness activities with collaborative Health Systems resources and with participating external contractors as needed.
- Identifies unmet COVID-19 readiness needs following approved assessment tools.
- Performs nasopharyngeal or nasal swabbing of facility residents/staff for COVID 19.
- Accurately collects, labels and prepares specimens in accordance with laboratory specifications.
- Performs Infection control of swab operations.
- Provides follow-up instructions to cases related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for medical care and supportive services.
- Communicates with cases in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collects and records information from interviews into the data management system.
- Follows approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing.
- Provides information on where to find other social, health resources using approved script/resource list.
- Protects and maintains individuals’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Coordinates responses to call center inquiries.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Potential to have phone only on-call evening/weekend; total of 1-2 weeks in 5 month period.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Three (3) years of nursing experience.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English.
- MSN or MPH degree
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Monitoring Equipment, Medical Equipment
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Currently used propriety nursing software
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Prior Community or Public Health Experience.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/01/2020