Temporary Employee Health Office Nurse (Part Time-Varied Hours & Locations)
Lancaster General Hospital
3032 Employee Health
Part Time: Varied Hours and Locations.
*Needed to help administer flu shots*
POSITION SUMMARY: Assume responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients and family members about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Urgent Care sites only - administration of intravenous fluids and medication via, intramuscular, subcutaneous injections or by mouth.
Posted on 08/14/2019
- RN license, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- CPR Certification.
- Urgent Care and NSA positions require BLS, ACLS Certification.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) as outlined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care preferred.
- Urgent Care positions prefer PALS preferred.