Job Title: Technologist Assistant-X-Ray
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Part-time, 0.5 , 40hr/ 2 weeks working second or third shift hours between 2:30pm and 6:30am and working every other weekend and holiday. This position will work in the X-Ray Department
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Technologist Assistant for the X-ray department at Lancaster General Hospital. The Technologist Assistant Performs advanced radiology patient care activities and procedures for patients of varying ages under the indirect supervision of a registered technologist/sonographer and completes all associated tasks and responsibilities necessary to manage patient care needs while patient is in Diagnostic Imaging Department for procedures. Assist in the development and the monitoring of department specific systems and in the coordination of activities that improve the quality of patient care in Diagnostic Imaging Services.
Environment Management –
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to unit/department standards.
- Maintains unit order and efficiency.
- Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock to eliminate outdated items.
Patient Care and Safety –
- Provides basic comfort, support and addresses safety needs of patients.
- Accepts verbal and/or written assignments from registered technologist and seeks clarification and/or assistance as necessary.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs other paper work as applicable.
- Greets patients, confirms their identification, performing the correct procedures as directed. Completely explains the procedure to the patient (and family if present) as directed.
- Performs visual preventative safety inspections. Completes warm-up procedures for each room/equipment as assigned. Records quality control activities. Reports equipment conditions to Quality Control/Materials Manager or appropriate personnel.
Clinical Skills –
- Schedule patients and demonstrate proper phone etiquette. Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock to eliminate outdated items.
- Assist in procedures to include but not limited to patient positioning, maneuvering of equipment, assisting in administering contrast, prepare room for procedure, and scrub in for sterile techniques.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
This position requires Act 73 FBI and Child Abuse Clearances