Technical Support Analyst
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2526 IS Clinical and Ambulatory
IS Clinical and Ambulatory- Imaging
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time/Day shift with on-call rotation
POSITION SUMMARY: Installs, maintains, and configures system software to perform in an efficient and reliable manner. System software includes operating, database, and communications systems. Performs configuration changes to accommodate hardware additions and deletions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Installs software and hardware as needed to provide new or enhanced functionality required to support vendor’s application.
- Installs updates to existing system software to correct problems and/or keep system software at a current release level as required by vendors.
- Administers configuration and tailoring changes necessary so that system software conforms to the specific requirements of Lancaster General Health.
- Performs systems software tuning as required to insure that all aspects of the systems are running at peak performance so as to provide acceptable response time to end user.
- Identifies and isolates problems in systems software, correcting errors and/or submitting errors to vendor for resolution.
- Tracks utilization of all system resources such as CPU and disk utilization for use in capacity planning.
- Provides assistance as necessary to vendors that are installing application software and hardware. This would include insuring that all required resources are available for the install.
- Provides support to users and operations. Provides support during non-work hours as part of the department on-call rotation. Does all necessary operations problem resolution required by users and operations personnel.
- Monitors systems hardware performance and repairs and/or reports issues to vendor for resolution.
- Identifies the various skills required for a successful implementation, completes base measurements for a post implementation review of benefits that includes a detailed project implementation plan, charter, objectives, and benefits that is a mutually agreed upon plan with System Administrator, User Management, IS Management and Vendor. The project plan to include the coordination / logistics ordering to ensure appropriate hardware, software, devices, networks, training and support are organized.
- Provides the following support to achieve desired benefits and capabilities for the business:
- Serves as a liaison between vendor, IT Technical Services and User Management on all application implementations, upgrades, and support issues.
- Analyzes and creates reports for customers based on user and business needs via LG business software tools.
- Design /develop training materials, a plan for accomplishing the training with scoring to derive the readiness of staff.
- Review system function and features, uptime/downtime and ensure it is performing within expectations and is stable.
- Perform regular ongoing reviews such as post implementation stability and performance measurements; ensure system is functioning as expected.
- Other ongoing support processes to include:
- Perform application upgrade planning and budgetary obligations.
- Obtains appropriate new hardware and software and coordinates hardware purchases with IS technical staff and vendor to ensure it meets current needs and growth.
- Tracks and prioritizes all enhancements and problems, and ensures system is operating in fashion that meets LG business goals.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Creates and maintains thorough system documentation.
- Takes all appropriate steps to ensures good communication occurs between users, IS, and management.
- Assists Information Services with software evaluation. Maintains a good general knowledge of software and hardware applicable for use at LG Health.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering, an Associate’s degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement or a minimum of one year of experience utilizing applicable clinical imaging systems and/or installing, maintaining and configuring computer software
- Knowledge of system software, as needed for system being supported, to include: UNIX/AIX, ORACLE, MVS, CICS, Microsoft and SQL.
- Three (3) years experience in each of the following is required for the position: Systems problem solving and analysis, purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems, managing implementations and conversions.
- Two (2) years project management experience that involves computer software implementations, daily operational support, review and evaluation of system performance.
- Two (2) years experience providing leadership and direction to users of computer applications.
- Two (2) years experience developing test plans, training plans, and IT documentation.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/22/2020