Technical Analyst II
Lancaster General Hospital
2522 IS Technical Services
IS Technical Services
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning, installation, documentation, training, administration, operation, maintenance and support services for networking and/or operating systems for the organization. Such systems could include Servers, Operating Systems, Information Management Systems, enterprise and departmental applications, Storage Area Networks (SANs), and Next Generation System technologies. As required, will be responsible for:
- Providing integrated team support, installation, maintenance and monitoring of LAN hardware and software.
- Provides liaison support and guidance to other IS team members as needed.
- Developing and maintaining systems applications within the appropriate environment to provide computer-based solutions to end-user decision support and analytical requirements.
Performs assignments under general supervision. Demonstrates sound understanding of data and operating systems as they relate to organizational activities. Possesses and applies to the completion of moderate to complex assignments a broad knowledge of applicable systems principles, practices and procedures. Has some latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In coordination with appropriate support organizations, determines the needs requirements of users and applications. Assists management with development of cost information for the decision/approval process including the preparation of necessary documentation.
- Evaluates, plans, coordinates, and tests installations, upgrades and changes to LAN hardware/network elements and Infrastructure systems.
- Coordinates/Prepares the appropriate paperwork to obtain needed equipment, software and services. This includes Vendor Quotes, Capital and Minor Equipment Appropriations Request (CEAR), and Information Services Requests (IS Requests).
- With assistance from appropriate support organizations, requests/installs necessary hardware and/or service; which may include servers, power, equipment racks, CDROMs, cabling between facility wiring receptacles and equipment, adapter cards, processors, input devices, monitors and video adapters.
- Installs and upgrades organization’s business applications and systems.
- Identifies and isolates LAN related problems, working with vendors and/or users to correct errors.
- Documents server, device, and network configurations.
- Assists with the development of standards for infrastructure use, support, operations and security.
- Provide for overall system administration functions. Responsibilities may include:
- Logical architecture - assignment of node names, directory and file structure and access thereof.
- Inventory control - establish and maintain control procedures for equipment and
- Security - design, implement and enforce procedures to guard against losing or contaminating data, illegally copying software and unauthorized access.
- Ensure that system policies are enforced and functioning properly.
- Provide for overall system maintenance functions. Responsibilities may include:
- Preventive - monitor system performance, utilization and available capacity.
- Document, implement and monitor a disaster recovery plan.
- Backup and archives – ensure appropriate backup agents are installed, configured and functioning properly.
- Troubleshooting - identify, test, and use hardware and software for preventative maintenance and fault isolation at all systems levels. Coordinate with support organizations for unidentifiable problem resolution. Request and schedule system downtime as necessary.
- Service Contracts - assure that proper maintenance and support processes are established and followed. Coordinates repair and replacement of equipment with appropriate organizations.
- Remains knowledgeable of all appropriate hardware and software used on the network. Assists in the evaluation of new products and vendor upgrades/modifications, recommending utilization or changes where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of the team’s operations, objectives, and responsibilities in order to understand and analyze systems requirements.
- Maintains technical expertise by keeping abreast of the latest technology and offerings related to the systems involved.
- Determines LAN security issues and implements security measures within the server OS. Assists with information technology security breaches on an as needed basis.
- Notifies internal customers of any current OS changes that could affect production applications and implements accordingly.
- Identify gaps where repeatable processes are needed and assist with defining/implementing said processes.
- Ensure SLAs are met or exceeded by following documented procedures.
- Design ways to provide the business with necessary flexibility.
- Consistently monitors servers and reacts to server (and related equipment) problems and uses all resources to resolve those problems in a timely manner.
- Insures the performance, availability, and reliability of the servers are maintained to acceptable limits as defined by our internal/external customers.
- Consistently resolves crisis situations in an efficient and professional manner resulting in positive outcomes.
- Exhibits exceptional judgment when problems occur and builds healthy relationships with both internal and external customers to solve problems/issues.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Server System Certification and/or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Approved equivalent years of related experience.
- 4 years of technical experience working devices in a local area network environment.
- 3-5 years experience working with Windows Server and/or Unix operating systems.
- 2-3 years experience working with DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- 1-2 years experience working with Citrix/Terminal Server and/or VMWare environments is preferred.
- Experience managing the diagnosis and troubleshooting of a high volume (5000+ users, 200+ servers) 24x7 networked environment is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 10/01/2018