TEMPORARY Program Specialist-Social Services Coordination
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health & Collaborative Care Svcs
This is a remote position, available for a six (6) month project. Day shift with weekend coverage possible.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible to lead and coordinate effective collaboration with community, government and other stakeholders to address social determinants of health needs in Lancaster County for those impacted by COVID-19. This includes developing and implementing strategies that result in health care services, practices, and programs that effectively address identified needs. Additionally, this role will engage internal stakeholders to align community needs and business imperatives and identify and deploy organizational resources that support COVID-19 response. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, and social determinants of health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Build capacity throughout Lancaster County to assist individuals impacted by COVID-19 by initiating and facilitating community collaboration to address social determinants of health issues.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies, striving to remove barriers related to health inequity and social determinants of health.
- Effectively engage coalition, team, and workgroup members in an open dialogue to address gaps, overlap, and redundancy to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Provide community health improvement consulting services for the organization, providing training and networking opportunities to health, mental health and other community based partner organizations, culturally specific organizations, and/or social services organizations.
- Comprehensively review impact and success of initiatives, recommending any modifications to improve effectiveness.
- Apply performance improvement methodology to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address public health and social determinant of health issues within our community.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assist manage in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, or Health related field
- Strong track record of problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong working knowledge of health equity and social determinants of health
- 3-5 years of community and coalition building experience
- 3 + years of experience in hospital or health related field
Posted on 05/21/2020
- Master degree in Public Health.
- Experience with motivating and engaging diverse partners.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.