TEMPORARY COVID-19 Community Team Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health & Collaborative Care Svcs
This is a remote position, available for a six (6) month project. Day shift with weekend coverage possible.
POSITION SUMMARY: This Manager will provide oversight of COVID-19 Community Team staff and outreach, coordinates policies and protocols, oversees staff performance and development, and collects and monitors metrics to meet organizational goals. This efforts of this team will align with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates the development of patient care standards, protocols, and guidelines. Ensures clinical staff is knowledgeable about patient care standards.
- Tracks reports, data and statistical as needed based on program/interventions.
- Counsels and coaches employees and, as necessary, takes appropriate disciplinary action.
- Guides and evaluates the performance and development of each staff member with the goal of further developing/recognizing strengths and suggesting additional training on areas of improvement.
- Interviews and hires qualified personnel with staff input.
- Prepares and controls budgets.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to achieve department goals.
- Develops & maintains trusting relationships with key external community leaders.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Comply with the Department of Health and other mandated safety procedures or regulations
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related field.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of Healthcare or Public Health experience.
- One (1) year of managerial experience
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of social and community resources
- Experience with Case Investigation and Contact Tracing
- Experience working in healthcare, social service or a community outreach program
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, contact tracing database
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Continuously 71-100%
- Stand: Rarely 0-10%
- Walk: Rarely 0-10%;
- Bend: Rarely 0-10%;
- Push: Rarely 0-10%;
- Pull: Rarely 0-10%;
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely 0-10%;
- Reach: Rarely 0-10%;
- Twist: Rarely 0-10%;
- Balance: Rarely 0-10%;
- Climb: Rarely 0-10%;
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job function
Posted on 05/21/2020