System Administrator (Full Time/ Day)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the department director, this position will administer and manage the LG computer system or systems and the various implications and interactions between the application and business processes. This is a specific application , where technical, functional and analytical skill are required along with knowledge on how to leverage the system to provide the greatest benefit to the given LG functional area. Plans and coordinates unstructured activities around system use. Performs system installations, maintenance, training, and user support within a defined application environment having knowledge and taking responsibility of the architecture and how the systems work internally and together. This position supervises projects, people, and all aspects of system implementation, maintenance of system and support of users. The incumbent defines, promotes, and guides outcomes, interactions, and communications.
In addition the incumbent defines system potentials, integrates, organizes, and executes follow through on projects, tasks, and system problems, while working as part of a cross functional team. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift; This position will require on-call responsibilities and occasional after hours work to support application break/fix resolution, enhancements and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Takes the initial request from customers or others, i.e. new work or change request and identifies what is expected, its scope, urgency and defines the opportunities and stated benefits. Coordinates with appropriate parties to ensure that the various implications and interactions between applications and business processes for LG have been identified and managed.
- Identifies the various skills required for a successful implementation, completes base measurements for a post implementation review of benefits that includes a detailed project implementation plan, charter, objectives, and benefits that is a mutually agreed upon plan with System Administrator, User Management, IS Management and Vendor. The project plan to include the coordination / logistics ordering to ensure appropriate hardware, software, devices, networks, training and support are organized.
- Supports and documents implementation processes and system operations by designing and developing the system tables, scripts, backups, recovery processes, data to be converted, schedule downtime, etc., and also to include the following support to achieve desired benefits and capabilities for the business:
- Serves as a manager and liaison between vendor, IT Technical Services and User Management on all application implementations, upgrades, and support issues.
- Analyzes and creates reports for customers based on user and business needs via LG business software tools.
- Design /develop training materials, a plan for accomplishing the training with scoring to derive the readiness of staff.
- Review system function and features, uptime/downtime and ensure it is performing within expectations and is stable.
- Perform regular ongoing reviews such as post implementation stability and performance measurements; ensure system is functioning as expected.
- Provides timely answers by routinely triaging Level 1 and 2 problems, assists with troubleshooting, obtaining problem details, correcting problems, or elevating to appropriate level of support.
- Other ongoing support processes to include:
- Establish routine maintenance schedule based on needs of system(s) and users.
- Maintains a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) list.
- Performs periodic benefit analysis to address business changes, application changes and / or utilizing functionality that has not been implemented.
- Perform application upgrade planning and budgetary obligations..
- Obtains appropriate new hardware and software and coordinates hardware purchases with IS technical staff and vendor to ensure it meets current needs and growth.
- Tracks and prioritizes all enhancements and problems, and ensures system is operating in fashion that meets LG business goals.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with the development of user requirements, concept design, clarifying opportunities with mutually agreed upon set of requirements that can be used for selecting the solution and developing the project plan. This includes assisting with the development of a Business Plan (BP), i.e. expected benefits, costs, risk, and timing for management to use to make a decision and give approval.
- Assist with final selection, contract negotiation, and approval process by organizing BP, selection score card, and target implementation dates to ensure requirements are obtained and the BP goals are not compromised.
- Assist with the development of the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to ensure business continuity.
- Assist / coordinate the implementation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training, and test environment for any implementation or process redesign that serves to enhance workflow.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other types of assistance to the Information Services, Project Leader, User Management and users may include the following:
- Coordinate the development of a data conversion plan as well as executing the transfer of data from its original source to the new application.
- Troubleshoots L3 problems and develops processes for issues that are undefined, where root problem is unknown, or where an entire system is affected.
- Develops potential problem avoidance systems, process improvement and process redesign
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years experience in each of the following is required for the position: Systems problem solving and analysis, purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems, managing implementations and conversions.
- Two (2) years project management experience that involves computer software implementations, daily operational support, review and evaluation of system performance.
- Two (2) years experience of providing leadership and direction to users of computer applications.
- Two (2) years experience of developing test and training plans
- Two (2) years experience of medical or financial experience depending on System Administrator job that is being sought.
- Two (2) years experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting users/team members with problem solving, developing / coordinating with application vendor vendors or RFP’s, RFI’s and SOW.
- Two (2) years experience in each of the following is preferred: assisting users, and writing of I.S. documentation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/20/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.