Lancaster General Hospital
4577 Surgical Services-Main Operating Room
Surgical Services- Main OR
Job Title: Surgical Techt
$5,000 sign-on bonus with one year commitment
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Full-time, 1.0 80 hr/2 weeks This position is with the Open Heart team working dayshift either 6:30 am to 3:00 pm or 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with on call 2-3 times during the week and one weekend every 3-4 weeks and one summer and one winter holiday , requires a 30 minute response time.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Surgical Technologist for the Open Heart team. The Surgical Techt assists in the delivery of patient care by handling instruments during operative procedures and by performing a variety of duties related to the preparation, processing and arrangement of surgical instruments and supplies under a Registered Nurse.
1. Utilizes techniques of infection control. Monitors all personnel for compliance with aseptic techniques and safety standards.
2. Functions primarily as instrument handler on all types of surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with specific sterile and aseptic techniques and procedures.
3. Secures, sets up and otherwise prepares the Operating Room equipment, instruments and supplies. Arranges instruments, tables, stands and other articles in specified order. Adjusts equipment within the Operating Room to meet the needs of the surgeon and operative requirements.
4. Functions as first assistant to the surgeon by handling tissue, using instruments to provide wound exposure and hemostasis, suction, sponge and bovie when needed, cutting tissue and tying suture as directed by surgeon, which may include closure of surgical wound.
5. Cares for contaminated instruments and supplies during and after the surgical procedures utilizing appropriate environmental control techniques.
6. Participates in the on-call system in the O.R. for emergency and urgency cases.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Graduate of an approved school of surgical technology.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) year of Operating Room scrub experience.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 06/25/2019