Surgical Technologist: Otho OR (FT/Days)
Located in the Ortho OR at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, Pa
Hours are 80hr/ 2wk; 10 hr shifts between 7:00 am -7:30 pm every 3rd weekend; 2 hol/yr. On call requirement with 30 minute response time. required.
Job Title: Surgical Technologist Ortho OR(FT/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$7,500 sign on
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working 10 hour shifts between 7:00am and 7:30 pm with every third weekend, 2 holidays per year and on call rotation with 30 minute response time.Located in the Ortho OR at Lancaster General Hospital.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Surgical Technologist for the Ortho OR. The Surgical Techt assists in the delivery of patient care by handling instruments during operative procedures and by performing a variety of duties related to the preparation, processing and arrangement of surgical instruments and supplies under a Registered Nurse.
1. Utilizes techniques of infection control. Monitors all personnel for compliance with aseptic techniques and safety standards.
2. Functions primarily as instrument handler on all types of surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with specific sterile and aseptic techniques and procedures.
3. Secures, sets up and otherwise prepares the Operating Room equipment, instruments and supplies. Arranges instruments, tables, stands and other articles in specified order. Adjusts equipment within the Operating Room to meet the needs of the surgeon and operative requirements.
4. Functions as first assistant to the surgeon by handling tissue, using instruments to provide wound exposure and hemostasis, suction, sponge and bovie when needed, cutting tissue and tying suture as directed by surgeon, which may include closure of surgical wound.
5. Cares for contaminated instruments and supplies during and after the surgical procedures utilizing appropriate environmental control techniques.
6. Participates in the on-call system in the O.R. for emergency and urgency cases
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
If new to the Surgical Technologist role and hired after 12/28/2020, must be a graduate of an approved school of surgical
technology and be certified within 6 months of hire or validation of completion of a surgical military training program (Army,
Navy or Air Force).
All individuals hired after 12/29/2022, must be a graduate of an approved school of surgical technology and be certified within 6
months of hire or validation of completion of a surgical military training program (Army, Navy or Air Force).
One (1) year of Operating Room scrub experience.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a certification
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/08/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.