Job Title:Surgical Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$5,000 sign on bonus
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working varied shifts day/eve/night rotation with every third weekend on call , one summer, one winter holiday, with 30 minute response time required. This position is in the main OR.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: The Surgical Techt assists in the delivery of patient care by handling instruments during operative procedures and by performing a variety of duties related to the preparation, processing and arrangement of surgical instruments and supplies under a Registered Nurse.
1. Utilizes techniques of infection control. Monitors all personnel for compliance with aseptic techniques and safety standards.
2. Functions primarily as instrument handler on all types of surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with specific sterile and aseptic techniques and procedures.
3. Secures, sets up and otherwise prepares the Operating Room equipment, instruments and supplies. Arranges instruments, tables, stands and other articles in specified order. Adjusts equipment within the Operating Room to meet the needs of the surgeon and operative requirements.
4. Functions as first assistant to the surgeon by handling tissue, using instruments to provide wound exposure and hemostasis, suction, sponge and bovie when needed, cutting tissue and tying suture as directed by surgeon, which may include closure of surgical wound.
5. Anticipates and supplies surgeon's needs for instruments, supplies and equipment in such a way that the surgeon need not divert his/her attention from the operative field.
6. Identifies emergency situations and responds in a calm and efficient manner. Recognizes surgical complications and anticipates corrective measures, assuring expeditious treatment.
7. Cares for contaminated instruments and supplies during and after the surgical procedures utilizing appropriate environmental control techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Graduate of an approved school of surgical technology or validation of completion of a surgical military training program.