Surgical Support Assistant Main OR (Full Time/Days)
1.0 FTE fulltime, Day Shift 8:30am - 5pm, Orientation will be 4 weeks of 7am - 3:30pm, Occasional off shifts (3p-11p or 11a-7:30p), 1 Weekend in an 8 week schedule, rotating Holidays, weekly Night Shift On-Call (usually 3 shifts per 8 weeks), Weekend On-Call 12 hr shifts (usually 2-4 shifts per 8 weeks),
Assists with the delivery of patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of the RN. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to stabilization), pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepare the correct surgical bed with linens, retrieve equipment, assist with opening sterile supplies, and check surgical lights and replace bulbs as needed.
- Assist with prep & patient positioning using proper body mechanics.
- Assist with the placement and hook-up of OR equipment.
- Assist scrub team with sterile supplies (Tying the backs of the scrub gowns, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate equipment is obtained prior to and during procedures.
- Transport specimens as requested and ensures bed/stretcher is ready for patient at the end of surgery.
- Assist with lifting or transferring patient from the OR bed to stretcher for transport.
- Clean all flat surfaces and changes out used anesthesia circuit and suction tubing.
- Mop floors, removes and delivers trash to appropriate area.
- Remove surgical equipment and return to appropriate storage.
- Transport patients, if needed.
- Re-stock Operating Rooms, return equipment and supplies to the appropriate areas and report the status of the Operating Rooms to the next shift.
- Routinely performs necessary housekeeping independently within assigned area of department.
- Observe and report unusual situations, reactions, effects, or conditions to responsible person.
- Report and tag equipment that is out of order.
- Understand and follow universal protocol and the parameters of the sterile field and traffic flow for the Operating Room.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- CPR Certification.
One (1) year of experience as a hospital patient care assistant.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/21/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.