Surgical Support Assistant-(Full Time Days) Lancaster General Hospital
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
40hrs/week, 11a-7:30p with ocassional weekend, holiday and on-call rotation.
Assists with the delivery of patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of the RN. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to stabilization), pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
Hours: 40hrs/week, 11a-7:30p with ocassional weekend, holiday and on-call rotation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepare the correct surgical bed with linens, retrieve equipment, assist with opening sterile supplies, and check surgical lights and replace bulbs as needed.
- Assist with prep & patient positioning using proper body mechanics.
- Assist with the placement and hook-up of OR equipment.
- Assist scrub team with sterile supplies (Tying the backs of the scrub gowns, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate equipment is obtained prior to and during procedures.
- Transport specimens as requested and ensures bed/stretcher is ready for patient at the end of surgery.
- Assist with lifting or transferring patient from the OR bed to stretcher for transport.
- Clean all flat surfaces and changes out used anesthesia circuit and suction tubing.
- Mop floors, removes and delivers trash to appropriate area.
- Remove surgical equipment and return to appropriate storage.
- Transport patients, if needed.
- Re-stock Operating Rooms, return equipment and supplies to the appropriate areas and report the status of the Operating Rooms to the next shift.
- Routinely performs necessary housekeeping independently within assigned area of department.
- Observe and report unusual situations, reactions, effects, or conditions to responsible person.
- Report and tag equipment that is out of order.
- Understand and follow universal protocol and the parameters of the sterile field and traffic flow for the Operating Room.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Transport patients from the Nursing Units to the Operating Room and from the PACU to the Nursing Unit.
- Troubleshoot issues with the Operating Room electrical bed. Connect electrical equipment to the outlets with guidance from the surgical team and assist with moving equipment up to the sterile field.
- Maintain knowledge of the procedures to follow to place equipment out of service.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- CPR Certification.
One (1) year of experience as a hospital patient care assistant.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/14/2022