Surgical Specialty Supervisor - Main OR (Fulltime Evenings)
Lancaster General Hospital
4577 Surgical Services-Main Operating Room
Surgical Services- Main OR
Position is located at Lancaster General Hospital
HOURS: Fulltime, Monday-Friday, 2:30pm - 11:00pm. No weekends or holidays.
SUMMARY: Manages a surgical specialty, consistent with the mission of the Department of Surgical Services, by directing patient care and ensuring continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients, established standards of care, and resource utilization. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to stabilization), pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
- Directs daily activities in their specialty in Surgical Services working cooperatively with all other coordinators to maximize operational efficiency and staff and physician support.
- Functions as a patient, staff and physician advocate – especially as it pertains to their specialty area.
- Responds immediately to employee conflicts, resolves issues or refers to the Inpatient Nurse Manager for corrective action. Counsels, mentors, and coaches employees.
- Performs employee evaluations annually. Completes all Time and Attendance accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assures that all LGH, department of Surgical Services, and LHA policies and procedures are followed.
- Takes corrective action to eliminate inter/intra-departmental problems. Reports problems beyond his/her scope of responsibility to the Inpatient Nurse Manager.
- Works cooperatively with the entire Surgical Services Management Team to assure maximized efficiency in operations, positive patient outcomes, unit cost effectiveness, and a united voice of leadership.
- Assures relief of personnel to facilitate education, unit maintenance, PI work, and for special meetings. Works with Educational Staff to assure that educational programs are developed and education and testing is facilitated.
- Establishes rapport with physicians and provides accurate technical and operational recommendations. Discusses any physician concerns and issues with Inpatient Nurse Manager or Director Surgical Services.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing, and three (3) years or more clinical experience in related clinical field ; OR graduate of an approved school of surgical technology and five (5) years or more surgical technologist experience.
- For Registered Nurses: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required: by 12/31/2020; or by 12/31/2021 based on established parameters for incumbents who started in position prior to 12/31/2017; or within three (3) years of placement in position for incumbents who started in position after 12/31/2017.
- CPR Certification.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred.
Posted on 08/26/2019