Surgical Specialty Supervisor 40 Hours/Week Day Shift
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Hours: Primarily dayshift hours 9 - 1730 with flex as needed; No weekends, no holidays.
Manages a surgical specialty, consistent with the mission of the Department of Surgical Services, by directing patient care and ensuring continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients, established standards of care, and resource utilization. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to stabilization), pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years). This position coordinates flow of patients from ORs and EP through PACU. PALS, ACLS, and CPAN certification preferred and/or required after hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Directs daily activities in their specialty in Surgical Services working cooperatively with all other coordinators to maximize operational efficiency and staff and physician support.
- Functions as a patient, staff and physician advocate – especially as it pertains to their specialty area.
- Responds immediately to employee conflicts, resolves issues or refers to the Inpatient Nurse Manager for corrective action. Counsels, mentors, and coaches employees.
- Performs employee evaluations annually. Completes all Time and Attendance accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assures that all LGH, department of Surgical Services, and LHA policies and procedures are followed.
- Takes corrective action to eliminate inter/intra-departmental problems. Reports problems beyond his/her scope of responsibility to the Inpatient Nurse Manager.
- Works cooperatively with the entire Surgical Services Management Team to assure maximized efficiency in operations, positive patient outcomes, unit cost effectiveness, and a united voice of leadership.
- Assures relief of personnel to facilitate education, unit maintenance, PI work, and for special meetings. Works with Educational Staff to assure that educational programs are developed and education and testing is facilitated.
- Establishes rapport with physicians and provides accurate technical and operational recommendations. Discusses any physician concerns and issues with Inpatient Nurse Manager or Director Surgical Services.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Helps to prepare and maintain the operating budget for Surgical Services. Is responsible for monitoring of supply usage during clinical procedures to assure cost effectiveness.
- Prepares and reviews weekly schedule to assure appropriate coverage and makes changes when appropriate.
- Functions in a position in a procedure room when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- If Applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience
- Two (2) years of management experience
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/26/2021