Monday to Friday, 7am-330pm, EOW and EOH
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time ( 40 hours p/ week), Monday - Friday ( 7 am - 3:30 pm), Every other weekend/holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for receipt tracking, storage, dispersal, evaluation and expedition of all supplies and purchase orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with Department Managers, Nurse Managers, and Team Leaders, develops and maintains an economical level of all supplies and provides supply reports as necessary and/or directed by the Surgical Specialty Supervisor.
- Works collectively with Buyer, Team Leaders, and Department Managers to identify and process requests for non-stock items needed, and is solely responsible for entering requisitions into Lawson Materiel Management computer system.
- Identifies high-usage items to be placed in storeroom, and recommends items be added or deleted from storeroom inventory based on LGH needs.
- Identify, analyze, interpret, and act on related product/supply problems within LGH, as they pertain to delivery, condition, or completeness.
- Arrange for all evaluations and trials of new supplies, coordinating with Nurse Managers, Team Leaders, or Value Analysis Committee and keep Educator advised for in-servicing of all staff.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Responsible for in-service of LGH staff in obtaining information on policy and procedures of Materiel Management/ Purchasing processes.
- Provides ongoing space allocation plans and recommendations for supply storage.
- Follows up on back ordered merchandise with buyers.
- Implement a suggested substitution list for all LGH items.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years of experience in medical supply management.
- One (1) year of experience in Lawson Requisitioning process.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, handtruck, flatbed handtruck, CRT, hammer, screwdriver, pliers
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.