Supervisor of Clinical Applications
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2527 E-Health Operations
e-Health Clinical Care & Pharmacy Applications
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Clinical Care Applications, has supervisory responsibility for all Clinical Care Delivery Information Systems for all LGH owned/supported facilities. This includes the core clinical components of the electronic medical record (EMR). The supervisor will work with the manager and focus across the entire continuum of care, including hospital-based services, physician practices, and future care delivery models. The supervisor will regularly engage appropriate internal and external customers to ensure that the systems are: 1) beneficial to patient care and management, 2) fiscally responsible for the customer and the organization, and 3) fits into the strategic growth and direction of the organization. The supervisor will adhere and work to enhance LGH Information Systems Department standards and practices. The full scope of this purpose statement applies to all phases of the system life cycle, including development, implementation/integration, and ongoing support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Directly supervises staff and vendors assigned to the Epic Inpatient teams (orders, clinical documentation, ASAP, infection control, & stork), Surgical Services teams (optime & anesthesia), Cupid and Radiant teams
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of employees within the team including removing of roadblocks and giving direction on projects and work.
- Responsible for directing the work and goals of individual team members including capacity planning.
- Identifies indicators of appropriate utilization and performance by evaluating data trends.
- Reviews/assesses skill sets of direct reports, identifies skill gaps/deficiencies and develops appropriate training plans to meet customer expectations and departmental goals.
- Identifies problem root cause to eliminate future instances.
- Uses problem resolution to develop new standards to improve operations.
- Prioritizes problem and service requests based on impact to patient care, government regulations and business functions.
- Ensures the effective installation and testing of major and minor upgrades.
- Plan for new needs in order to support application or other technology implementations.
- System and project support duties may be included as part of the responsibilities of this supervisor role.
- Ensures adherence to all change control policies and procedures to create repeatable and predictable results.
- Maintains current training credentials needed to provide competency with the support needs of the application and hospital operations.
- Other application analyst duties as assigned or to meet resource needs.
- Helps to provide 24/7 support to clinical application teams
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attends Management meetings as requested.
- Corresponds with outside vendors.
- Corresponds with other LGH departments.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, Informatics, Computer Science, Business or other healthcare related field.
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience leading and participating in concurrent projects.
- Proven mentor to teammates to advance projects, work, and goals.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical workflow development.
- Proven ability to keep staff skills aligned with the latest and most relevant technologies.
- Experience managing change control process.
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Valid EPIC certification in at least one of the following: Orders, Clinical Documentation, ASAP, Stork, Optime, Anesthesia, Radiant, or Cupid.
- Licensed RN or other appropriate Clinical Licensure.
- Strong customer support skills.
- Experiences with 24/7 operational support teams.
- Proven ability to maintain a supportive, collaborative, and positive team relations.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/03/2021