Supervisor of Administrative Support Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the business office including oversight of all office responsibilities at the assigned practice or department.
HOURS: 40 hours/week during the day. Occasional evening or weekend possible.
LOCATION: Mainly located at Manheim Outpatient Center, but occasional travel to other office (5 miles) may be needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees Patient Access and ensures patient registration and/or scheduling policies and procedures are standardized, interpreted uniformly and consistently, and systemically applied at the site. Assists and supports front office and lab staff in scheduling, registration and work queue functions as needed. Provides and communicates additional employer cost containment practices, which have an immediate effect and/or impact in the patient registration process. Distributes reports according to the established frequency of patient accounts that have errors, associated with billing and/or regulatory compliance, as necessary.
- Oversight of Outpatient Lab operations and ensures proper adherence to lab services collection, regulations, workflows and expectations. Clinical competencies for ambulatory services and skills including but not limited to: Phlebotomy, EKG, Holter Monitors, Specimen Collection.
- Supervises front office and Phlebotomy staff, completes performance evaluations and provides educational experiences for assigned personnel, coordinates disciplinary action in accordance with Hospital and Department policies, conducts staff meetings, and ensures proper completion of time cards.
- Ensures compliance with department, hospital and regulatory standards. Enhanced knowledge of IT/software system utilized by Lancaster General and ensures implementation into daily operations.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority. Monitors patient satisfaction and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Develops successful working relationships with physician practices or hospital departments and ensures adoption and implementation of strategies that will meet the demands of healthcare now and in the future.
- Participates in development, implementation and review of systems, policies and procedures while coordinating the procedural flow of activity and patients within the health care center or health system, and helps to direct and/or support such important ventures and projects as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of LG Health meetings and committees, as assigned or required.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May coordinate and actively participate in the marketing of all site services, new program development/expansion, and all other related activities as directed by the Director or management team.
- May participate in the on-call practice for afterhours support based on location need.
- Other duties as assigned or required for operation of site.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two (2) years of office experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of using medical terminology.
- Phlebotomy Experience Recommended; not required at time of hire (can be trained)
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/31/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.